Northrop Grumman Principal Test Conductor in Palmdale, California
The Specialty Test Team is looking for a level 3 Test Conductor to lead a team of Technicians thru all phases of component level to full scale Structural Testing. The selected candidate must poses good communication skills and a team centric approach. Candidate shall possess the skills and experience that will enable him to interface with Engineers and lead a multi-discipline team of technicians in the development, modification, assembly and check-out of Test Stands used in the Structures Laboratory. Candidate must have verifiable Structural Test experience and a deep understanding of hardware and methodology used in closed loop hydraulic load controls, test set-ups in addition to familiarity with data acquisition hardware as well as related sensors, IE: LVDT, Strain Gages, string Posts Load cells Torque Transducers, etc.
The selected individual is expected to work with minimal engineering direction and oversight. As a Test Conductor the candidate is expected to provide mentorship and leadership beyond the technical scope of our SOW. Candidate must poses the soft skills that will enable him to manage the task at hand in addition to interpersonal issues.
Duties as follows.....
• Lead a team thru the development, fabrication and assembly of mechanical and electromechanical components, sub-assemblies, systems and full scale test stands.
• Spearhead the development and documentation of sub-system and system test methodology.
• Preside over / conduct test and integration efforts, execute to test plans
• Ensure that the crew maintain compliance with Operational as well as Environmental Health and Safety directives.
• Recommend modifications to components or test set-up or procedure to meet desired Test Objectives.
• Prioritize, plan, organize and assign tasks and ensure proper and safe execution
• Participate in talent transfer efforts, Mentorship assignments.
This position requires multiple shift operations and overtime work. Individual must be able to meet and maintain the specific process certifications to support daily task assignments.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D) plus 9 years of exempt experience in Testing, as a Technician, Test Conductor or Engineer; 5 years with a Bachelors; 3 years with Masters.
• Verifiable leadership experience, leading a crew, structural / flight test or an integration / R&D environment.
• Familiarity with Mechanical Engineering, Assembly and Test Operations department (standard) operating procedures/policies
• DoD, Secret clearance, in scope within the last 5 yrs. and capable of obtaining and maintaining special program access
• Must be able to work from EWPs at elevated heights and for extended period of time.
• Must be able to lift 30 lb.
• Leadership, Structural Test experience, set-up thru test execution.
• Extensive Hydraulic system, set up and checkout experience.
• Verifiable Technical lead experience, leading a crew
• DoD, Secret clearance, in scope with SAP, Strike
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance