At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what's possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking a Flight Simulation Trainer 3 based out of Palmdale, CA. Alternate locations at may be available at the time of hiring. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME), the successful candidate will develop technical manual and training curriculum to be employed during procedures, simulation, and/or flight training. Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to aviation related audiences. Evaluates curriculum materials based on trainee feedback and instructor input. Reviews simulator design and training effectiveness to provide maximum proficiency. Reviews mission planning processes and software for incorporation into training materials. Coordinates meetings and working groups with engineering support and SMEs to develop new, and expand already designed training curriculum. Conducts quality review of materials.
• Must have 10 years experience with High School Diploma/GED. Will also consider 8 years related experience with Associates Degree, 6 years related experience with Bachelors Degree or 4 years related experiencwith Masters.
• Applicants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of Aviation and Aerospace technical data.
• Must be experienced with technical writing, training development, and conducting briefings and/or presentations.
• Ability to gain proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate, Evolution Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Learning Management System (LMS) or similar training development software, and an ability to learn and become proficient with related software used for training development, project tracking, and presentations.
• Ability to research engineering data, technical manuals, and utilize subject matter experts, team members, and established processes to complete complex training materials, schedules, and related projects under very general supervision.
• Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days- a-week, and 365 days a year.
• Must have and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
• Must have an active Secret DoD security clearance.
• The ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
• Flight experience and familiarity with commercial software such as PFPS, JMPS, and/or FalconView is highly desired.
• Experience in Quality Assurance or performing quality reviews of technical publications or training documents, preferred.
Salary Range: $95,000 - $142,400
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs