Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech 3 in Palmdale, California
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career. Northrop Grumman is seeking a PC Network Technician to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information Technology support team. Responsibilities will include:
• Provide Desktop support and troubleshooting of interoperability issues.
• Work closely with other IT organizations and Computer Security to ensure solutions best meet the requirements within the Customer approved, existing infrastructure.
• Resolve problems involving new or existing hardware/software.
• Research vendor documentation and work with other supporting organizations for troubleshooting solutions.
• Install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, cables, and connectors.
• Provide personal computer, hardware, and software support.
• Connect personal computers to existing data networks.
• Maintain trouble logs.
• Instruct users in the use of personal computers and networks.
• Investigate information, network, and communications needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases.
• High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years of additional education and/or work experience, or Associate's degree and 2 years of work experience.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Active Top Secret security clearance.
• Ability to be cleared to Special Access Programs.
• 2 Years of Windows desktop administration experience.
• Familiarity with classified processing environments and procedures.
• Must have current Security+ certification.
• Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
• Associate's or other 2 year technical degree and 3 years of related experience.
• Experience with VSM service management software.
• Additional certification - Network+, A+.
• Significant experience with desktop customer service working in a large enterprise environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology