Northrop Grumman Mgr Mfg Engineering 1 - Manufacturing Technology - (Clearance Required) in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You craft and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager of Manufacturing Engineering 1 (Manufacturing Technology) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA. The selected candidate will manage a program or a function within the larger organizational unit, setting and operating to objectives and providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives and company policy.
This Advanced Manufacturing Technology leadership position is responsible for leading a diverse and innovative team in identifying, analyzing, testing and integrating manufacturing processes and systems within a portfolio of current and next generation products at the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence.
Leadership characteristics and people engagement is of the upmost importance, with an ability to exhibit professionalism and create a team working and learning environment. Communication is paramount, with an ability to clearly define expectations and work thru complex interpersonal interactions across functions and levels including direct reports, peers, and leadership. Willingness to step-up and assume accountability when the perception of need exists, and an ability to accomplish tasks in a positive manner while managing multiple projects at the same time with varying levels of technical maturity.
Approximately 6 direct reporting engineers and engineering technicians are expected with the responsibility to manage and plan detailed schedules through multiple funding streams, & ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Requirements also include providing engineering guidance regarding detailed designs and requirements for producible and affordable products and manufacturing techniques. Responsible to attract and retain the best possible "athletes" for the stated requirements, ensure robust processes, and the development of future emerging leaders within the organization.
Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with company and government regulations.
Position requires outstanding written and oral communication skills with a high level of internal and external engagement, acting as an advisor to individual contributors, senior management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
• Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience in a Leadership role OR Associates Degree with 7 years of experience in a Leadership role, or a High School diploma/equivalent with 9 years' experience in a Leadership role
• Must have a current active DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance to be considered
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
• Position will require providing recurring weekend shift coverage and support
• Computer proficiency and strong organizational sills
• Travel 10 - 25%
• Bachelor's Degree in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
• Demonstrated history leading and management of multi-functional teams
• Experience in program management and previous experience with the development of manufacturing processes and technologies
• Familiarity with production and Manufacturing Technology development and demonstrated history of technology implementation related to aviation & space products
• EVMS experience & demonstrated successes in project management
• Ability to demonstrate independent creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
• Composites and airframe fabrication, assembly, and LO coatings experience and related process knowledge
• Experience providing innovative techniques focused on improving product designs
and tooling assemblies or equipment
• Experience in the development, capture, and execution of R&D technology
capabilities. Assessing maturity of new technology for transition to production
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering