Northrop Grumman Engineer Reliability 2 (Palmdale CA) in Palmdale, California
Engineer Reliability 2 (Palmdale CA)
Requisition ID: 17029175
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The applicant must have a basic understanding of reliability technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and statistical techniques with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prepare and present briefings. Additionally, the applicant must have knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project).
The applicant will work with reliability engineers perform a subset of the following RAM tasks:
• Develop, coordinate, and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts.
• Develop reliability math models and allocations, Reliability Block Diagrams, Reliability and Maintainability Program Plans.
• Perform parts derating, reliability parts count/stress and process grades analysis and reliability simulations.
• Assess reliability data of fielded systems for the purpose of assessing and documenting RAM and Logistics metrics and reliability growth trends.
• Perform reliability analysis, logistics analysis, sparing analysis, and simulations which support military and industry standards.
• Recommend design or test methods and statistical analysis (AMSAA Planning Model and Reliability Growth Curves, Bayesian, Weibayes, Monte Carlo, Exponential, Poisson, Binomial, Weibull, Duane, Crow-AMSAA, etc.) for achieving required levels of product and system reliability.
• Compile and analyze performance reports and process statistics; investigate and analyze relevant variables potentially affecting reliability and maintainability.
• Develop mathematical models to identify items posing excessive failure risks.
• Propose changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or reliability processes.
• Develop FMECA to identify criticality levels based on failure rates and severity of the effects of failures.
• Develop and perform reliability demonstrations,
• Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
• Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and requirements.
• Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity as assigned.
The applicant must be a self-starter, and work cooperatively with a variety of personnel.
BS Degree in a STEM discipline and at least 2 years’ engineering experience with a basic understanding of reliability analysis. Must be proficient with Microsoft products. Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain Special Program Access.
Prior military experience. Experience combining hands-on military aviation hardware support and modeling analysis for military systems. Current active Secret/Top Secret Clearance with investigation within last 6 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Reliability 2 (Palmdale CA)
Requisition ID: 17029175