Northrop Grumman Engineer Manufacturing - Manufacturing Technology (Active DoD Clearance Required) in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Our Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Engineer Manufacturing to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will support our Advanced Manufacturing Technology & Innovation development team and will be located in Palmdale, CA.
As a member of the Advanced Manufacturing Technology & Innovation development team, you will define, develop, implement, and transition new technology solutions to manufacturing to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve quality. Manufacturing concept and process solutions for production applications cover advanced technologies including but not limited to composites fabrication, assembly, automation, inspection, direct part manufacturing, LO technologies, as well as digital capabilities. The role requires incorporation of requirements into development plans and evaluation of performance of processes and tools to verify their efficiency. In addition, you will identify and initiate corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure R&D contractual obligations (technical, schedule, and cost) are met and product quality is maintained. In this role, you will provide guidance regarding design concepts, TRL/MRL maturity, and specification requirements to best utilize resources and manufacturing techniques, and ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations. This role involves interfacing with internal and external customers, program offices, engineering disciplines, and executive management. In addition, the role will require the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently in a dynamic/fast-paced work environment. Budgeting and Project Management skills will be utilized to properly scope and execute assigned work and manage project efforts.
As a member of the team you will be involved with all aspects of the Manufacturing Technology Development cycle. Specific responsibilities will be to 1) identify customer needs and define requirements, 2) identify and develop innovative solutions leveraging technology to meet customer needs, 3) generate statements of work and requirements documents, 4) develop project deliverables and detail plans, 5) execute established project plans with transition of new capability.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 2 years of experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallics, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations; OR Master's Degree in STEM
• Bachelor's Degree (non-STEM) with 4 years of experience, or Master's Degree (non-STEM) with 2 years of experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallics, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations; OR
• Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of work Experience in production assembly/fabrication including composites, metallics, coatings application, and/or production manufacturing operations.
• Must have a current active DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance to be considered.
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• Ability to work 1st shift "5 am - 3:30 pm" or 2nd shift "4:12 pm - 2:42 am" and any work schedule, which will include recurring weekend shift coverage and support
• Experience in a fabrication and/or assembly manufacturing environment
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with using Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS-Project, Visio)
• Self-starter who is able to work with minimal direction
• Ability to travel 10-15% of the time
• STEM Degree (Science, Technical, Engineering, or Mathematical)
• Solid modeling design skills (e.g., NX Siemens, CATIA, Solid Works)
• Ability to demonstrate independent creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
• Manage multiple projects concurrently in meeting customer requirements/expectations
• Experience in the development, capture, and execution of R&D technology capabilities. Assessing maturity of new technology for transition to production
• Experience with authoring proposals, technical documents, and procedures
• Composites, Metallics, Plastics, Additive, Coatings materials and process experience.
• Digital manufacturing software and hardware experience
• Experience with CBA/ROI analysis and justifications
• Project / Program Management skills (proposal creation, scheduling, budget tracking)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering