Northrop Grumman B-2 Electrical Engineer / Secret / Interim Secret in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman's Sustaining Engineering & Solutions (SE&S) is seeking an Electrical Engineer in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for support on projects associated with the design and development of communication, navigation, radar, avionics, power and/or electrical systems architecture, components, circuits, and products or aircraft maintenance. The employee will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and products for defense systems or commercial purposes.
You will support the Lead Engineer in execution of various program activities, to include program reviews, test procedure, report, and control plan development and review, requirements management, automated test software development, test execution and witnessing, and hardware selection and specification development.
• Analyze complex electronic circuitry and precision electro-mechanical assemblies through simulation or analysis in order to recommend component substitutions or re-design solutions to ensure the integrity of the platform configuration, system safety, and performance specifications.
• Identify, analyze, and solve obsolescence issues.
• Access, interpret, and recommend changes to engineering drawings.
• Establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
• Identify program problems and assist in the establishing of solutions, such as allocation of resources, improved processes, or changing contractual specifications.
• Act independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of programs.
• Support process improvement and establishment.
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Generates reports and presents to Government counterparts, defense contractors, and other cross-functional organizations
1. A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of engineering experience; A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 0 years of engineering experience.
2. Ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
3. Ability to obtain/maintain access to work on-site in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1. CAD or similar design tool experience a plus.
2. Experience with aerospace systems.
3. Experience with Air Force customers and aerospace industry and military standards
4. A current DoD Secret Security Clearance (or higher).
5. Experience with test planning at the circuit card, equipment and system level.
6. Experience with nuclear hardened systems.
7. Experience with information security, COMSEC and TEMPEST.
8. Experience with DOORS and general requirements management best practices.
9. Experience with embedded software development and/or cybersecurity.
10. Experience conducting analysis of electrical components within aircraft maintenance programs, determining effectiveness and creating written recommendations for increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering