Northrop Grumman GSSC - CAD Operator 3 in Ogden, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator 3. This position will be located in Ogden/Hill AFB, UT and will support the Ground Subsystems Support Contract (GSSC) program
What You'll Get To Do:
Uses industry standard solid modeling and drawing production software. Creates, edits, and revises engineering drawings of components, parts, circuits, structures and/or assemblies. Makes engineering computations, mathematical calculations, determines scales, and prepares or revises specifications. May support engineering analysis and documentation by inspecting, measuring and modeling assets in field or shop environments. Support program teams by preparing and presenting information to describe component design development processes and status updates for stakeholders.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
• HS Diploma or GED and 4 years of additional education or experience with drawing and solid model production for electrical, mechanical, or tool design
• Prior Experience working with one of the following: Siemens NX10/11/12, CATIA V5, Solidworks, AutoCAD, or a similar CAD tool
• Prior experience utilizing ASME Y14 drawing standards when preparing and reviewing drawings
• Ability to receive and retain a DoD Security Clearance (not required to start)
• Prior experience reading, interpreting, and preparing DoD and/or US Air Force drawings
• Prior experience working with Siemens Teamcenter PLM, or other PLM software
• Understanding of ASME Y14.5 GD&T practices and ability to use GD&T to describe items for precision manufacturing
• Prior experience with Model Based Definition (MBD) practices and providing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) support
• Prior experience with Design For Additive Manufacturing (DFAM)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support