Northrop Grumman Staff Engineer Systems Architect/Lead (Weapons Systems) in Northridge, California
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Staff Engineer Systems Architect/Lead (Weapons Systems) to join the Advanced Programs team in Northridge, CA to develop complex, next generation, state of the art missile systems. You will be a member of a high performing, systems engineering team interacting with customers, program management, cross-functional teams of engineers and senior technologists.
In this role as a Staff Systems Architect/Lead (Weapons Systems), the selected candidate develops the architecture of hardware and software based systems. This position is a senior technologist with subject matter expertise in integrated hardware and software systems. The role includes technical planning, system development, integration, verification and validation; cost, risk, and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, integration, test, installation, operation, and maintenance. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Develop advanced air vehicle architectures using scalable and open architectures
• Introduce and develop new technologies for concepts and designs of advanced systems
• Develop architectures and concepts for autonomous systems and subsystems including flight sensors, flight computers, communications, propulsion, payloads and air vehicles
• Plan for and lead the integration and test of systems and subsystems including flight computers, signal processing, Guidance-Navigation-Control (GNC), and digital logic (firmware) devices
• Interface with the design and implementation engineers and architects to ensure that a robust and compliant designs are developed
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available for this position.
• Current active Secret clearance or higher with a Periodic Reinvestigation within the last 5 years.
• BS in Engineering (or related) discipline.
• 14+ years' experience in systems and product development
• SME in open systems and software architecture design and development.
• Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes.
• Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, avionics, software systems, and their design drivers
• Familiarity with Model Based Engineering (MBE), Model Based System Engineering (MBSE), Multidiscipline Design, Analysis and Optimization (MDAO) and other systems analysis methods and tools.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering