Northrop Grumman Program Director - Advanced Programs (Dir 1) in Northridge, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR - Advanced Programs
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector, Weapons Systems Division, Advanced Weapons Business Unit is seeking a Program Director to lead a major air-launched tactical missile development program. The position is physically located in Northridge, California and remote work is not available for this position.
The leader in this exciting and challenging role will be responsible for the complete missile development lifecycle which includes:
• Lead a continuous improvement culture focused on employee engagement to drive business performance
• Lead program team including program managers, finance, contracts, schedulers, engineering, operations, security, IT and IA.
• Responsibility for program P&L, schedule, and technical performance
• Develop growth strategies to increase program orders and sales and develop new business opportunities
• Develop product and technology road maps
• Focus on developing strong customer relationships
• Build relationships with leadership at key suppliers
• Management of discretionary resources in support of program activities
• Ensure program is executed in a manner that meets or exceeds Northrop Grumman yearly financial goals and customer requirements
• Oversee the preparation of new and follow-on proposals and aid program/proposal managers to ensure proposal wins
• Bachelor's Degree
• 15+ years of relevant experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• The candidate should have a history of versatile and dynamic leadership and possess the ability to forge strong customer and teammate relationships and to build, maintain, and motivate a high performance execution team
• Ability to travel approximately 25% to forge customer relationships and grow the business
• Active Secret Clearance with in-scope periodic investigation within last 5 years, and eligibility to receive additional clearances
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM
• Master's Degree in Business
• Direct work experience with the Department of Defense
• Candidate should be a strong collaborator with the ability to work across multiple areas within Northrop Grumman and be comfortable navigating a matrixed environment
• Ability to advocate and influence government developmental acquisition plans and create new business capture strategies
• Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks while operating in a demanding, high-paced environment with minimal supervision
Northrop Grumman is on the move. We have the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Business Unit is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Northrop Grumman Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. Learn about Northrop Grumman Total Rewards and Benefits here: https://totalrewards.northropgrumman.com/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management