Northrop Grumman Principal / Sr. Principal Electrical Engineer w/ Active Clearance **CURRENT/ACTIVE CLEARANCE REQUIRED** in Northridge, California
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds, and delivers space, defense, and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems, and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems, and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Principal/Senior Electrical Engineer w/ a current/active clearance for tactical missile system development and production programs in Northridge, CA .
Key responsibilities include:
• Develops and experienced in RTL coding using VHDL and is proficient with hardware development using state of the art both Xilinx and Intel (Altera) FPGA development toolsets.
• Develops, coordinates and conducts Analog, Power and Digital designs and evaluations of engineering design concepts.
• Define, analyze, and review systems requirements and develop strategies for integration of new hardware into existing system architecture
• Developing electrical loads analysis and design of electrical power distribution systems
• Defining and/or modifying existing electrical interfaces between subsystems
• Perform systems integration and test of new electronics
• Collaborate with systems engineers, software engineers, and hardware engineers in planning design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
• Write test plans and test cases
• Conduct system-level testing
• Conduct verification and validation (V&V) testing
This position can be filled at a Principal (T03) or a Sr. Principal (T04) level. Basic qualifications for each level are listed below.
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Job Category : Engineering