Northrop Grumman Manager 2 - Program Planning and Control in Northridge, California
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (Advanced Weapons Business Unit) in Northridge, CA has an exciting opportunity for a Manager 2 - Program Planning and Scheduling.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Program Planning and Scheduling Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manage all scheduling efforts and schedule baselines
• Ensure timely input to Workforce Planning of project headcount projections on a monthly basis
• Provide site schedulers with day to day hands on support, guidance, troubleshooting, and satisfying Programmatic requirements
• Project management including managing multiple priorities against ambitious timelines
• Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust, compliance, continuous improvement and learning
• Support/coordinate internal and external surveillance audits
• Ensure full compliance with corporate policies, with particular focus on implementation of the Northrop Grumman Earned Value Management System
• Provide support to bids, bid reviews, and internal projects
• Advise program, business, and other functional managers in integrating project schedules with Earned Value Management
• Support integrated baseline reviews
• Advise on integrated project master reports
• Attend site business management meetings to define schedule needs and work with Sector Scheduling management on resource allocation needs
• Assist Sector scheduling group in evaluating goals and objectives for site schedulers
• Perform in a fast paced, frequently changing, and demand driven environment
• Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent communication skills
• Develop, mentor and train scheduling personnel and provide regular performance feedback
• Ensure proper staffing balance of employees and consultants
• Operate within established budgets
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
Job Category : Business Management