Northrop Grumman Aircraft Structures Mechanic 4 in Norfolk, Virginia
Aircraft Structures Mechanic 4
Requisition ID: 17026090
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Norfolk
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is looking for an Aircraft Structures Mechanic (multiple positions) to support structural modifications on E-2 and C-2 aircraft in Norfolk, Virginia and / or Pt Mugu, California. Other possible locations may be San Diego, California and Cuers, France for short periods of time. Candidate must be able to perform a variety of operations and become part of a small team of mechanics with supervision as determined by the team lead. Work is done in accordance with established procedures.
We are seeking a candidate with the following skills and capabilities:
Performs a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers. Aligns parts on jigs using templates and fixtures. Performs such minor part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming. Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions. May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control. Requires advanced knowledge in specialized functions to include:
• Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft.
• Coordinate with supervision, engineering, and Inspection to ensure compliance complex drawings with internal sign-offs and quality specifications.
• Experienced in the location, drilling and installation of primary load bearing fatigue critical aircraft structure such as wing attach fittings and landing gear attach fittings.
• Experienced in close tolerance hole generation of titanium, steel and aluminum aircraft fatigue critical structure.
• Able to use complex fixtures, bushings, core drills and reamers to generate holes for close tolerance Hi lock and Hi tigue fasteners.
• Able to use close tolerance measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, and ball gauges to accurately measure holes to .0001 inch.
A valid Secret security clearance is required.
High School and 6 years additional experience and/or Associate of Arts Degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience.
Aircraft fuel cell entry procedures.
Ability to use gas free testing equipment.
Experience with Northrop Grumman processes and procedures for hole generation.
Experienced in reworking aircraft fuel tank structural components and sealing /testing operations required after rework.
The candidate must be able to provide copies of their current and past certifications for review.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Aircraft Structures Mechanic 4
Requisition ID: 17026090