Northrop Grumman Sonar [ STG or STS ] Technician/Journeyman A(V)15, (V)15 in Norfolk Naval Base, Virginia
Sonar [ STG or STS ] Technician/Journeyman A(V)15, (V)15
Requisition ID: 18007608
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Norfolk Naval Base
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Are you ready to put your Naval experience to use at a Great Company? We want you if you are ready and qualified as a Surface Ship Sonar Technician/Journeyman A(V)15, V(15).
This position is located at the Afloat Training Group in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be responsible for training surface ship STGs on how to operate applicable Sonar consoles and the fire control system for the SQQ-89 A(V)15 sonar system.
The primary responsibilities include: shipboard training -- and hands-on training for operators and tacticians from surface combatants in the operation of the AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 sonar system and associated subsystems. Assist in developing watchstation exams, maintain and deliver moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of customer training objectives. Primary focus will be training Navy sailors onboard ships both inport and underway. At sea periods will typically board the ship in Norfolk and train sailors underway in the VACAPES or on the AUTEC range in the Bahamas for approx. 1 week. Update course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
1. An Associate's degree and a minimum of 4 years of direct relevant experience. (Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirements, but must have a minimum of 6 years between education and relevant experience).
2. A Sonar Supervisor STG or STS with 3 years SONAR system experience.
3. Qualified on the AN/SQQ-89 (V)15, AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 or BQQ-10 system
4. The ability to quickly learn to instruct how to operate the SQQ-89 A(V)15 system.
5. Functional use capability with Microsoft Office products.
6. A current Secret clearance.
7. U.S. Citizenship.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Sonar Technician NEC 0523, 0525, 0526, and 0527
3. Instructor Trainer NEC 9502
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Sonar [ STG or STS ] Technician/Journeyman A(V)15, (V)15
Location: Virginia-Norfolk Naval Base
Requisition ID: 18007608