Northrop Grumman Principal Software Engineer/Sr Principal Software Engineer (Scrum Master) - TS/SCI in Morrisville, North Carolina
The Space Systems Sector is seeking an experienced Software Engineer or Principal Software Engineer to join the team in Morrisville, NC.
The ideal candidate shall run Agile scrums, release planning meetings, and other meetings associated with the Agile process. Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determine computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Responsibilities may include the following:
• Contribute to software development and integration efforts for a Ground System
• As scrum master, interface with the software development team to ensure that the team is fully functional, productive, and improves quality.
• Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions and removes barriers. Shield the team from external interfaces.
• Teach product owner and team how to fulfill their roles as part of a scrum team.
• Assist team of administrators and developers with integration of tenants into an existing VMWare based architecture
• Participate in overall system evaluation efforts, code reviews, collaborate on requirements, design documentation and test plans as a part of the overall software design and development process
• Assist with identifying, developing and implementing solutions for software related technical issues that could impact costs, schedule, or performance
• Review and analyze code scan results, and provide way-ahead mitigation recommendations in support of software assurance efforts
• Interface with other software developers and testers during integration and new version releases
• Work closely with customer during S/W implementation and troubleshoot during integration activities
This requisition may be filled at the higher grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a principal or a senior principal level.
• Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in STEM and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experiences OR a Master's degree adn 3 years; an additional 9 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement.
• Sr. Principal Software Engineer: Bachelor's degree in STEM and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experiences OR a Master's degree with 7 years of exp OR a PhD with 4 years; an additional 13 years of experience maybe considered in lieu of a degree requirement.
• Must be a US Citizen with an active or current TS/SCI and have the ability to maintain SCI level access.
• Experienced with Agile software development using Java, Python, and/or C++ software development in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux Environment
• Experienced with Agile Scrum practices and traditional waterfall projects
• Knowledge of object oriented design
• Knowledge of software lifecycles
• Knowledge of version control software such as Git (GitLab or BitBucket)
• Working knowledge of Amazon Cloud and/or C2S
• Familiarity with developing and deploying containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes, and virtualized compute resources either on-premise or in a cloud environment.
• Experienced using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Experienced in developing and delivering software using Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• Experienced scrum master
• Experienced with Puppet or Terraform
• Agile and AWS certifications are preferred but, not required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering