Northrop Grumman Quality Assurance Engineering Manager 2 in Mesa, Arizona
Northrop Grumman Weapons Systems Division has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineering Manager located in Mesa, Arizona.
Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it's a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world's leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation's largest manufacturer of ammunition.
• Responsible for approximately 5-8 direct reports.
• Provides expertise in process/product quality, governing quality standards, and training.
• May be required to develop, implement, and coordinate quality assurance engineering program to support program managers
• Ensures that robust processes are in place to meet both customer and internal mission assurance/quality engineering requirements.
• Represents the site to customers, quality system registrar on audits and product quality-related issues.
• Monitors and drives improvements in product and system quality performance throughout the site as dictated through Strategy Deployment Goals and Objectives.
• Participates as required in business reviews, production reviews, build reviews (and others as determined applicable).
• Coordinates resolution for interdepartmental interfunctional issues.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
This video gives candidates a preview of the Manager Selection Process and is their first opportunity to learn more about the Manager Readiness Assessment and the overall process.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or a minimum of ten to fifteen years product engineering experience in an industrial/ manufacturing facility.
• 3 or more years previous supervisory or managerial experience of direct reports preferred.
• Experience implementing and maintaining quality system compliance required by AS9100/ISO2000:9008.
• Prefer 5 or more years hands on inspection experience, including determining inspection methodologies, plate layout & MSE, print reading & GDT.
• Basic PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products.
• Must have advanced problem solving skills utilizing 8D or equivalent format
• Excellent interpersonal skills required to work collaboratively with functional peers
• Must be a US citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance