Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer 2 in Melbourne, Florida
Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18009537
Location(s): United States-Florida-Melbourne
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer 2 with a program team located in Melbourne, FL. We're looking for a highly motivated individual that can use their knowledge in systems engineering, sensor design, integration and test to contribute to a highly dynamic team environment. NGMS is an industry leader in developing, integrating, and sustaining complex systems for our customers. Our Team performs a variety of tasks leading to the successful integration, validation, verification and deployment of complex systems.
The successful candidate will:
Have working knowledge of Systems Engineering practices, and system integration experience.
Develop and document the technical operating processes and procedures.
Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment.
Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance, reliability, and operation of the system including installing, upgrading, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration.
Ensure systems are operated, maintained in accordance with internal policies and practices.
Monitor adherence to software plans and schedules, identify problems and problem resolution, and status between test, hardware and software engineering personnel on and off the team.
Provide effective leadership, coordination and execution of program milestones including systems design, development, integration, and verification activities.
• US Citizenship is required.
• Must hold an Active US Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Bachelor’s degree or 1 year experience with Master’s degree in Engineering or related STEM degree.
• Experience working within formal engineering & development processes for the development of complex systems.
• Experience with standard systems engineering processes for the development of complex systems
• Experience with Rational DOORS Next Generation and SharePoint Designer tools
• Knowledge and experience using MatLab, LabView, Simulink and Visual Basic as applied to MSExcel Macros
• Familiarization with DoD systems and subsystems (e.g. C4ISR platforms, radar, radios, data links).
• Familiarization with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS)
• Ability and experience to develop and write clear and concise reports and Power Point presentations
• Ability and experience to present clear and concise results to management, engineering teams and to customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 18009537