At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Systems Architecture Engineer/Principal Systems Architecture Engineer to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position is on-site in Melbourne, Florida.
As a Systems Architecture Engineer you will develop system architectures and define key capabilities and performance requirements. You will define design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications, develop thorough definition of system external interfaces, and define system implementation approach and operational concept. You will also ensure requirements are met and evaluate performance with the customer as a member of the Longshot team. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyze architectures and develop various DODAF or SysML Viewpoints in support of this effort.
Essential Functions :
• Define system architectures
• Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
• Perform Systems Requirements analysis
• Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
This position is contingent on DoD Secret Security Clearance and Special Access Program clearance.
Basic Qualifications :
• Systems Engineer Architect: Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 2 years engineering related experience, OR Master of Science in STEM with 0 years of experience
• Principal Systems Engineer Architect: Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 5 years engineering related experience, OR Master of Science in STEM with 3 years of experience
• Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or higher (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation)
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance
• Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
Preferred Qualifications :
• Applied knowledge of aircraft design
• Experience in the military aerospace development environment is preferred
• Experience with Cameo Magic Draw or another MBSE tool such as Rhapsody, Sparx EA, and Enterprise Architect
• Experienced developing various DODAF view artifacts, especially Operational and functional viewpoints, using MBSE tools like CAMEO
Salary Range: $73,400 - $110,000
Salary Range 2: $90,400 - $135,600
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.