Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer - Systems Architect in Melbourne, Florida
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Staff Systems Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL . This site is the center for design, development, and rapid prototyping of advanced airborne surveillance and battle management systems critical to our nation's security.
T he selected candidate will become an integral member of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems' Enterprise Open Architecture team, interfacing to an industry wide Collaborative Working Group, contributing to the design and development of open mission standards.
Candidates must have a strong ability to architect system solutions based on hardware/software analysis, and the ability to analyze requirements for multiple programs and design solutions that meet cross-domain needs of multiple stakeholders. Specific responsibilities will include system architecture and design, analysis and development of change proposals to government open mission standards, technical leadership in the Open Architecture Collaborative Working Group, requirements analysis, and providing technical support to Northrop Grumman Adopting Programs. This position will require 4 to 6 trips per year within the continental United States to support collaborative working group meetings.
· Bachelor's Degree in a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field, with 14+ years relevant experience
OR Master's Degree in a science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) field with 12+ years' experience
· Experience with multi-discipline technical knowledge of complex systems and systems of systems
· Experience in requirements analysis
· Experience in system architecture and design
· This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
· Active Secret clearance with ability to be upgraded to SAP
· Strong technical analysis ability with an emphasis on system architecture and current tools and best practices, including SYSML, MBSE, MBE.
· Desire to represent Northrop Grumman in an industry wide collaborative working group
· Ability to collaborate in a team environment
· Ability to work independently and identify solutions to complex problems
· Ability to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
· Experience in US Government Working Groups and/or Consortiums
· Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
· Experience with XML Schemas
· Experience with implementing and/or proposing changes to government standards
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering