Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The selected candidate will guide the successful completion of tasks and projects and may function in a project leadership role while developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space.
• Maintain availability of Test Station and Software Development Environment
• Collecting and reporting system data metrics
• Ensure systems adhere to program configuration and data management plans
• Providing software maintenance and installing software upgrades and patches
• Ensure Lab Operations Policy and Procedures as being executed and updated (E0-7409 and Lab Ops Standard Operating Procedures)
• This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs
• Current DoD 8570 Level 2 Certification, such as Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, or CYSA • Bachelor's degree in Science from an accredited university with 9+ years of professional experience OR 13+ years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
• Systems Administration experience, to include Windows, Linux, or VM environments
• Secret or Top Secret clearance preferred
• Pre vious cybersecurity, Information Assurance experience, and/or system administration experience
• Understanding of enterprise-level computing platforms involving virtualization, distribution and high availability
• Experience in storage management; implementing, allocating, reclaiming, replicating and migrating
• Hands-on configuration, management and design VMware Horizon
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering