Northrop Grumman Software Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Position is located in Melbourne, Florida.
Do you enjoy finding the missing puzzle piece and solving sophisticated and complex projects? This unique and exciting role supports the hardware integration team, offering exposure into hardware/software demos, and frequent cross team collaboration opportunities!
Support full lifecycle design, implementation, and unit testing of software
Develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards
Participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance.
Frequent opportunities to interact and collaborate with management, external personnel, and customers
Cross-team collaboration with various sub teams to integrate functionality with other IPTs
In addition to a full benefits package we offer flexible work arrangements, a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday OFF, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself. Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 2-years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in (STEM) from an accredited university.
• Experience developing software/writing code in C/C++ and/or Python
• At minimum, an active DoD Secret level clearance is required to start; with the ability to obtain and maintain Program Special Access within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
• Experience developing software for safety critical embedded systems
• Experience integrating and debugging software on hardware
• Experience working within an Agile environment
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Familiarity with software development tools such as Git, CMake, VectorCAST, and Eclipse
• Familiarity with MIL-STD-1553
• Knowledge of Linux systems and basic commands
• Familiarity with software requirements tools such as DOORS and Rational Rhapsody
• Program Access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering