Northrop Grumman Principal Windows Systems Administrator in Melbourne, Florida
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals. Position will be located in Melbourne FL and will require a motivated self-starter to assist with the stand up and migration of a current datacenter to new location at same site.
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Works under minimal supervision and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Rack computing server hardware, storage arrays, network equipment and associated elements in a raised floor datacenter.
• Efficiently install and label Cat6 cabling between networked devices and switch infrastructure in a full sized rack configuration.
• Build and configure Windows physical and virtual servers utilizing latest versions of Microsoft Server Operating systems.
• Install and configure VMWare ESXi and/or Horizon View infrastructure and associated elements.
• Configure associated Windows server roles, features and elements of domain architecture such as AD, DNS, DHCP.
• Ensure all necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including upgrades, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Create user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Remediate security vulnerabilities as identified and required for compliance.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
• Report project status and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's degree with 5 years of related experience; OR Master's degree with 3 years of related experience; OR an Associate's degree with 7 years of related experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 9 years of related experience.
• Experience with administering various Windows Server and Desktop OS versions in a domain architecture.
• Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
• Active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to maintain.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• US citizenship is required.
• Masters degree in IS related field.
• Experience with Linux Red Hat Operating System and/or certification.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG.
• Strong understanding of basic networking including subnets, routing and VLANS; Cisco experience and/or certification a plus.
• Experience with current versions of VMWare ESXi and/or Horizon View.
• Experience with SAN and/or NAS Storage architecture.
• Experience with Windows Server management and Windows domain architecture.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
• Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk).
• Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Rudimentary Scripting.
• Active TS/SCI Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology