Northrop Grumman Principal Test Engineer / Senior Principal Test Engineer in Melbourne, Florida
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you'll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that's uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training, mentors, and extensive benefits.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Test Engineer to join an agile systems development team designing and building advanced, state-of-the-art, mission planning software for the Airborne C2 Operating Unit. This position is located in Melbourne, FL.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Test Engineer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
• Perform integration testing, regression testing, and formal qualification testing in an agile systems development environment.
• Document system problems and verify fixes.
• Design, develop, and maintain system test plans, test cases, test procedures, and automated tests in compliance with program functional, technical, and performance requirements.
• Work with the lead test engineer and a team of systems engineers and software developers to establish and develop test methods and techniques.
• Troubleshoot and modify test tools and test scripts.
• Generate test data, perform test data analysis, and develop test documentation.
• Participate in formal inspection process, customer meetings, and user events.
• Provide support to customer testers during acceptance testing, including test procedure walkthroughs, documentation of testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
This requisition may be filled at the Principal Test Engineer or Senior Principal Test Engineer.
Education/Experience Principal Test Engineer : BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 5 years of experience or a relevant Master's degree with 3 years of experience.
Education/Experience Sr Principal Test Engineer: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 9 years of experience or a relevant Master's degree with 7 years of experience.
Basic Qualifications for both levels:
• US Citizenship is required with an Active DoD Secret Clearance with an SSBI within 2 years. Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience with generating test plans, test cases, and test procedures.
• Experience with test execution, test analysis, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to function in multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment with frequent customer contact.
• Ability to rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
• Willingness to learn and participate in non-test activities, such as requirements development, customer interface, and risk management.
• Familiarity with agile software development.
• Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software.
• Strong interpersonal, listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications for both levels:
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience with US DoD mission planning.
• Experience with Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Framework (FW).
• Experience working with agile software development teams.
• Experience with one or more automated test tools, such as TestComplete and Squish.
• Experience with collaboration and development tools, such as Microsoft SharePoint, Atlassian JIRA, and Confluence.
• Experience with one or more automated IA test tools, such as Fortify.
• Experience with security architectures, firewalls and network security controls.
• Current DoD 8570 IAT II Certification (Security+, CEH, CISSP, etc.).
• Working knowledge of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems procedures and practices.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering