Northrop Grumman Principal Engineer Systems in Melbourne, Florida
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida .
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related discipline with 5 Years experience or Masters a STEM related discipline with 3 Years experience
• Must have an Active In-scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted / renewed within the past 6 years
• DOORS (or similar) Requirements Management Tool experience
• Atlassian Tool Suite experience.
• A working or skilled knowledge of Agile software development practices is also desirable.
• Possess a background focused on integrating mission and avionics components
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering