Northrop Grumman PC Network Support Tech 3 in Melbourne, Florida
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Desktop PC Tech for a classified government program at the Melbourne, FL site. Individual will perform the following duties on a day to day basis in support of the program.
• Provides technical support for computers and associated networks.
• Installs, troubleshoots, services, and repairs personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connects personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
• Instructs and assists users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigates information, network, and communications needs of users, and makes recommendations regarding software and hardware.
• Performs Basic PC Setups and maintains patching and antivirus levels according to security or program requirements
• Completes paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follows all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Works with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Coordinates with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
• Reviews the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Works through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolves tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
• Establishes and maintains high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
• Works with system administrators and other staff to resolve support issues, escalating where appropriate.
• Participates in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
• Spends significant portions of the day away from the desk supporting users and moving equipment.
• Exhibits good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
Associate's Degree or other 2 year degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience. Two (2) additional years of applicable work experience may be substituted for degree requirement
Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Windows Desktop OS, Office Product Suite
Current Security + CE or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
Active Secret clearance with ability to maintain
Ability to be cleared to special access programs
Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed
US citizenship is required in order to obtain and maintain security clearance
• Bachelors of Science or other technical based degree
• CompTIA A+ or Network+ Certification
• Active Top Secret Clearance
• Proficiency in remote administration and troubleshooting of desktop PCs, Visio, PowerShell
• Experience with zero and/or thin client devices
• Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
• Cross-platform experience (i.e. two or more: Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
• Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology