At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking an Inspector 1 for the Melbourne, FL site.
Uses predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds. Uses various measuring devices. Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems. Works from models, blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
• Inspect materials from internal or external sources; involving physical inspection, documenting dimensional compliance and review of vendor certifications for compliance
o Inspect internally manufactured parts and final assemblies throughout all stages of production and review of final test data
• Inspect product in accordance with drawings, work instructions, quality acceptance procedures, and maintain acceptance documentation/records
o Make pass/fail decisions on inspected product
o Document and adjudicate nonconformance's in MES
o Inspect using a variety of techniques/methods; e.g., visual inspection, conventional metrology (height gages, gage pins, thread gages, and dial indicators), calipers, micrometers, functional gages, etc.
• Verify specifications using Assembly Instructions, engineering drawings and parts lists, inspection instructions, and checklists
• Review documentation to ensure it meets "As Is / Should Be" requirements
• Assist in generation/performance/review of First Article Inspections (FAI) and FAI Reports in accordance with AS9102
• Validate and verify calibration of tooling, gauging, and other equipment meets requirement and currency standards
• Support nonconformance containment through corrective action report (CAR) issuance, root cause investigations, audits and other continuous improvement activities
• Understand and enforce Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)/Foreign Object Damage (FOD)/Tool Control practices though audits and other quality control process
• Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
Competencies for Success:
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface within the organization at all levels
• Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set through schooling and training
• High school diploma/GED and zero years of relevant work experience
• Ability to obtain and retain a DOD Secret Clearance, which requires US Citizenship
• Ability to obtain and retain Program Access (PAR)
• Experienced in use of technical drawings and following manufacturing work instructions and inspection procedures
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of applications
• Experience in use of manufacturing information systems: e.g. SAP and Solumina
• Ability to stand for extended hours during inspection and lift 50lbs
• Familiarity with soldering and soldering workmanship acceptance standards.
• Familiarity with fabrication processes and standards
• Must have a good understanding of quality management systems in a manufacturing environment
• Must be capable of coordinating nonconformance incidents and handling procedures
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work 1st shift, 2nd shift, overtime and travel on little to short notice
• General familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) requirements
• General understanding of AS9102
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• DoD Secret/Top Secret Clearance
• Certified in J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, and IPC/WHMA-A-620
• Previous inspection experience in aviation, electronics, or ordinance
• Associate degree in a Physical Science or Manufacturing related area
• Experienced with practices associated with ISO9001 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems
• Basic working knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Proficient in defect reporting using SAP and/or Solumina
• Knowledgeable in ESD/FOD/Tool Control practices
Salary Range: $32,400 - $54,000
The above salary range represents a general guideline; however, Northrop Grumman considers a number of factors when determining base salary offers such as the scope and responsibilities of the position and the candidate's experience, education, skills and current market conditions.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The application period for the job is estimated to be 20 days from the job posting date. However, this timeline may be shortened or extended depending on business needs and the availability of qualified candidates.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.