Northrop Grumman Principal ER Reports Developer in McLean, Virginia
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Reports Developer with experience in tools such as BusinessObjects, Tableau and Power BI to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers.
As part of the modernization program, the Reports Developer will be responsible for supporting the full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including requirements definition, universe and reports design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
• Design, develop, document and maintain business rules and enterprise level reports using BusinessObjects or similar tool.
• Perform analysis, research, problem duplication, troubleshooting and identify potential resolutions for system defects and change requests
• Support testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect resolutions
• Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed software meets functional and non-functional requirements
• Identify improvements and technological solutions for data analytics and data management system enhancements
• Follow processes and procedures; identify and implement process improvements and adapt quickly to change in direction from leads
• Effectively and actively communicate with the team lead, management, and the Customer
Job Category : Engineering