Northrop Grumman Capture Management Manager 2 in McLean, Virginia
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world's biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Capture Manager to support various capture efforts in the Federal Civilian space, with focus on Treasury/IRS. A creative and energetic individual with a passion to succeed and a proven track record in winning business in the Federal market space. This position will be located at our McLean, VA location or another Northrop Grumman location.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leads strategic capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts, or task order business. Develops capture strategy including concept of operations and solution for pursuit of opportunities and may lead or support identifying potential customers, performing competitive assessments, identifying teaming suppliers. Also supports pricing strategy and price-to-win assessments.
•Ability to develop actionable win strategies based on understanding customer needs and mission requirements. A solid technical understanding of Information Technology systems and life-cycle services, including COTS products.
Develops and presents briefings to internal management and executives as well as external customers. Leads proposal efforts. Maintains on-going interaction with Business Development (BD) and the Business Units. Provides assessment of new opportunities to include: planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large technical services-type contract.
• Provides guidance to other capture and proposal team members based on organizational goals, strategies and company policy. Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and schedules. Decisions have risk/reward implications for program or area of influence. Develops and manages bid and proposal budgets and standards of performance. Influences & impacts BD pipeline. Influences the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
• Bachelor's Degree and the ideal candidate will have 6-13 plus years of experience in government procurement and understanding of IT services and solutions, or related field. Years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• Demonstrated Business Development and/or Program Management experience.
• Successfully managed and won multiple pursuit >$75M, with at least one with Treasury/IRS.
• Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance is preferred
• Prior Program Management experience including Profit & Loss responsibility is a plus
• 5-10 years BD and/or PM experience in a top-tier contractor organization
• Understanding of Government systems and services market
• Customer intimacy with Treasury, IRS, or other Civilian government organizations
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Development