Northrop Grumman Dir Programs 2 in McClellan, California
Join Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (MS) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Intelligence Systems Business Unit is seeking a Site Leader and Signals Intelligence Operating Unit Program Director to join their team in Sacramento, CA and lead the McClelland and San Jose sites. This role will be responsible for the program execution for the OU, while also leading the full site, which includes personnel and programs from multiple Divisions within the sector. This director will also be asked to support multiple businesses infrastructure needs. They will ensure that all program management, business development, engineering, manufacturing, business management, mission assurance, and supply chain activities (training, tools, processes, and overall infrastructure) are integrated across the organization to improve efficiency at the Site.
This position will report into the VP of the Intelligence Systems Business Unit and will provide day to day assistance to business areas to meet the business unit strategic objectives / financials. The individual should be experienced in all aspects of the engineering and manufacturing process, from requirements analysis to operations through verification and validation testing. The ability to lead diverse teams and a strong leadership background is required.
The position has significant senior leadership contact and will require a candidate with strong leadership and decision making skills with the ability to perform in an environment of ambiguity and continuous change. The position must role model Northrop leadership characteristics. The incumbent must have strong communication, executive presence and cross-cultural skills to be able to effectively interact with a geographically disbursed senior leadership team. Candidate may be required to travel at least 25% of time for domestic business
The Site Leader will:
Assist the business with the efficiency of their daily operations from capture and inception through completion & delivery of systems
• Responsible for leading the McClelland and San Jose Sites - including a Leadership role in Security, Facilities, IT infrastructure, Environmental, Health, Safety, Fire Protection, Audits, Employee Well-Being and Engagement.
• Responsible for the cost, schedule and performance of all programs in the Signal Intelligence OU portfolio, including U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army and restricted customer signals intelligence programs
• Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing requirements.
• Directs the work of a team of program managers and program management personnel
• Leads the site leadership team, which includes representation from all functional homerooms
• Strategically guide and plan for business growth of the Operating Unit. Create the vision and execution plan with appropriate functional management to improve upon the operating plan for the business.
• Represent the Site as part of the Corporate Citizenship emphasis for Northrop Grumman. Bring positive company exposure to the community in volunteerism and charity support that meet NGC's objectives.
Campus Director Responsibilities include:
• Establish strong relationships with client leadership teams and create effective partnerships across functions including business management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Logistics as well as other Profit & Loss organizations
• Proactively identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with peers, division and matrix leadership, and regional/division HR business leaders
• Using data and analytics, develop solutions to current business issues as well as proactively engage in risk mitigation.
• Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable good business decisions
• Provide day-to-day people leadership of team and create an environment that accelerates development of talent; apply rigorous knowledge management to capture learning, drive continuous improvement, and enhance employee engagement
• Role model for leadership characteristics and assist in driving business growth from an organization and talent perspective. Be a diversity champion.
• Play a key change leadership role in the company's transformation by creating a culture of growth, innovation and risk taking
• Project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements
• Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 15 years of related experience
• Minimum 10 years of management experience in Functional Management, Engineering Management, Operations Management, or Program Management
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Experience with DoD & international customers and/or partners
• Active Secret Clearance
• Ability to obtain higher levels of security clearance
• Master's Degree in science, engineering or relevant acumen (ex: Business, Leadership)
• 20 years of related experience
• 15 years of management experience in Functional Management, Engineering Management, or Program Management
• Demonstrated understanding of EVMS and Risk and Opportunity Management
• Knowledge of networks and communications concepts and experience
• Experience with Capture Management / Leadership
• Product Line Management
• Active Top Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management