Northrop Grumman Mechanical Technician 1 in Manhattan Beach, California
Mechanical Technician 1
Requisition ID: 18003418
Location(s): United States-California-Manhattan Beach
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components. Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions. Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or assemblies to meet desired specifications. Proficient in interpreting schematics and hardware assembly documentation. Must exhibit high levels of teamwork, communication, and attention to detail.
- Capable of performing to J standard soldering certifications
- Experienced in interpreting schematics and or blueprints
- Understand health and safety and chemical handling requirements
- Exhibit high levels of communication, teamwork and manual dexterity
- Knowledge chemical handling and disposal practices
- Ensure consistency and quality of space flight product production
- Act as a resourceful point of contact for the engineering, planning and management teams
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with manufacturing engineers, hardware designers, and test engineers.
- AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 0 years experience
- Certified in J Standard soldering practices
- Available to work overtime if needed
- J standard soldering certifications preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mechanical Technician 1
Location: California-Manhattan Beach
Requisition ID: 18003418