Northrop Grumman Tool Gauge Inspector 3 in Magna, Utah
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems is currently recruiting for a Tool and Gauge Inspector to provide support to our Bacchus team in Magna, UT .
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of quality inspection tasks.
• Perform Quality Process Assessments
• Perform visual, in-process and final dimensional inspections on tightly tolerance piece parts, subassemblies and final assemblies in the Receiving Quality Control area.
• Perform tool inspections on various programs
• Performs required inspections in accordance with procedures and planning documentation.
• Performs required inspections using standard measurement instruments.
• Routinely coordinates and interfaces inspections with Customer and/or Government Representatives.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 4 - 6 years of related work experience.
• Must be familiar with standard Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools.
• Experience with ISO 9000/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement/PES techniques.
• Must have good computer skills - MS Office, Costpoint, QMIS, ePic, Nautilus.
• Must be able to operate a CMM Using the PCDMIS Software.
• Self Starter and ability to work through an issue to closure
• Must be able to operate a forklift and crane.
• A.S. Technical Degree or equivalent preferred
• Excellent shop math skills and advanced trigonometry.
• Candidate should have technical strengths in processing, operations, and inspection.
• Possess the ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Candidate should have the ability to work multiple programs while maintaining attention to detail.
• Interpret drawings and specifications.
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of GD&T and ANSI Y14.5.
• Perform certification review on supplier documentation and issue Authorization to Ship (ATS).
• Be strategic in the identification of technical needs and solutions coupled with a strong program execution focus.
• Possess excellent communication skills and effective interface with Mission Assurance department members, suppliers, customers, all other departments within the organization and both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Ability to record detail information accurately, timely and follow instructions.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance