Northrop Grumman Subcontracts Administrator in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Propulsion Systems, is recruiting for a Subcontracts Administrator who will primarily be responsible for supporting tooling subcontracts for items that are used to manufacture flight hardware.
· Sources and procures goods and services of a category nature from many suppliers.
· Initiates Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receives same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
· Establishes agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
· In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
· Works with internal customers to ensure specifications are appropriate for the services or products required.
· Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations.
· Issues purchase orders
· Manages performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with FAR/DFAR regulations as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
· Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
· Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
· Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
· Bachelor's degree required (in supply chain management, business, finance or related field preferred)
· 2+ years' experience in purchasing, sales, contracts, or related field
· Works positively in a high-energy and fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated & highly organized
· Delivers quality work on time
· Communicates quickly and thoughtfully through integrated team structures
· Strong interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
· Expertise using software like Excel to perform data analysis
· Experience procuring complex machined parts
· Experience writing and negotiating Long Term Agreements
· Experience negotiating Terms and Conditions
· General understanding of solid rocket motor metal parts and tooling
· Ability to read technical drawings and documents
· Knowledge of government contracting requirements and regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain