Northrop Grumman Quality Control Technician 3 in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Quality Control Technician to join its team at the Bacchus (Magna), Utah facility.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Successful candidate will work independently to perform a wide range of quality inspection tasks.
• Perform visual, in-process and final dimensional inspections on tightly tolerance piece parts, subassemblies and final assemblies in the production area.
• Perform Quality Process Assessments
• Performs required inspections in accordance with procedures and planning documentation.
• Performs required inspections using standard measurement instruments.
• Routinely coordinates and interfaces inspections with Customer and/or Government Representatives.
• Must be able to work shift work, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required
• Able to acquire and maintain Employee Possessor (EP) status under the Safe Explosives Act (SEA).
• Candidate should have technical strengths in processing, operations, and inspection. Possess the ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish assigned tasks. Candidate should have the ability to work multiple programs while maintaining attention to detail.
• Interpret drawings and specifications. Working knowledge and understanding of GD&T.
• Be strategic in the identification of technical needs and solutions coupled with a strong program execution focus.
• Possess excellent communication skills and effective interface with Mission Assurance department members, suppliers, customers, all other departments within the organization and both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Ability to record detail information accurately, timely and follow instructions.
To perform successfully in this role, we believe candidates should have the following education, skills, and experience.
High School Diploma or GED required; A.S. Degree or equivalent preferred
Excellent shop math skills and advanced trigonometry.
Must be familiar with standard Mechanical Inspection techniques and tools.
Experience with ISO 9000/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
Experience with Continuous Improvement/PES techniques.
Must have good computer skills - MS Office suite.
Self Starter and ability to work through an issue to closure
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
This position can be filled at a lower level.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Job Category : Mission and Quality Assurance