Northrop Grumman Manufacturing Analyst in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems is seeking an Operations Analyst Level II to provide leadership support to our Bacchus Value Stream team at our Bacchus Campus in Magna, Utah .
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Operations Analyst is responsible for administrative assignments and implementation of improvement initiatives associated with the operations of the Bacchus Value Stream. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the Managers, Operation Team Supervisors (OTS), and crews in safe, efficient production by establishing material delivery systems, developing and creating Standard Work, assisting Subject Matter Experts (SME) in training using the Training Within Industry (TWI) method. This includes the following:
• Lead, educate, coach, and mentor team members through lean manufacturing (PES), TWI and Crew Resource Management (CRM) principles and initiatives, root cause analysis methodologies, standard work development, and 5S activities.
• Create and improve area tools and systems designed to support the operator on the line.
• Analyze Operational Availability data and present to management.
• Identify opportunities for mistake proofing and create innovative solutions such as shop aids.
• Help create solutions to improve and simplify work.
• Support teams with process improvement initiatives. Provide coaching and support for improvement activities throughout the work center.
• Communicate effectively, initiate and drive necessary actions to completion to ensure that organizational goals are accomplished.
• Learn and understand building processes in order to support Frontline supervision
• Support teams during problems solving and makes sound business decisions.
• Prioritizes, coordinates and expedites maintenance PMs and work orders for the entire group.
• Fills in for frontline leaders as needed
• Collects data, and prepare input to represent the organization at Operational Availability (OA), Process owner reviews, and Value Stream Element Team (VSET) meetings, as well as other customer interactions.
• Maintenance, Metrology, and Lab Point of Contact (POC) to prioritize and drive work order completion.
• Creates and maintains standard work
• Help teams build Job Breakdown Structures for operational processes
• Plans and facilitates special training activities for the area.
• BS/BA degree in Business or Technical field and 3 years related experience. May hire one level higher with required degree and 6 years of related experience.
• Manufacturing experience including familiarity with electronic work instructions, Safety, and Quality procedures and policies.
• Root Cause Analysis using multiple methods such as fault trees, Kepner Trego analysis, 5 Why's, etc.
• Verifiable PES implementation experience that includes problem solving, and leading project teams to improve flow and standardize processes. Understanding of the "Rules in Use".
• Supervisory/ management experience.
• Knowledge of and experience with Rocket Motor Assembly.
• Working with support group personnel, (Maintenance, Safety, Engineering, Production Planning, Quality, etc.).
• Successful leadership of work teams to achieve company and department objectives. Project management experience.
• Budget management and understanding of earned value management principles.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production