Northrop Grumman Engineering Technician 3 in Magna, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Rocket Casing Robotic Spray Engineering Technician to work in our Magna, Utah - Bacchus location.
Description & responsibilities:
As a Spray Liner Engineering Technician you will prepare, maintain, and operate PLC's to control the robotic spraying of resins, explosive powder and final liner materials inside of rocket motor chambers while following detailed work instructions. Technician will work closely with process engineering referring to product drawings/blue prints. Additionally, chosen candidate will be trained to certify as a Level I Thermography Inspector.
• Perform pre-operational robot checkouts.
• Mask equipment to protect it from materials being applied.
• Monitor material parameters during processing to verify requirements.
• Cleaning and rebuilding spray gun assemblies.
• Stewardship of the Spray Lance Robots and related facilities.
• Operate PLC's during charging, spraying, and flushing of the robotic operations.
• Perform visual inspection of the final liner application.
• Maintain SPC data tracking during spraying operations and accurately calculate weights to determine correct material application inside cases.
• Perform thermography, infrared color scale inspections, on chambers to validate cork to case bonding integrity.
• Coordination of spraying operations with multiple support organizations.
• Track daily execution performance to budgets.
• Accountability and control of explosive powder.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Competencies for Success:
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong problem solving ability
• Willingness to meet customer needs
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
• Experience/ Working knowledge of instrumentation/testing work instructions, drawings, materials and equipment.
• Experience working with energetics a Big plus
• Proficient with computer applications, such as Word, Access, Excel, etc.
• Ability to review and interpret work instructions, designs and drawings, with tooling and end item processes and products.
• Prefer Associates Degree in a related discipline, related special certifications may also be considered.
• 4 years of related work experience
• Prefer experience include up to 1 year of operating a robot in a production environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support