Northrop Grumman Material Handler 2 in Madison, Alabama
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. WithNorthrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.Maintain property control reporting systems inconformance with customer/internal requirements for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting.Northrop Grumman Defense Systems in Madison. Alabama has an opening for a Material Handler 2. The selected candidate will:
Maintain property control reporting systems in conformance with customer/internal requirements for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting
Performs a combination of manual and clerical duties to receive, store, and issue equipment, materials, and supplies in a central warehouse
Determines methods or places for storage considering guidelines for temperature, humidity, weight or height limits, turnover, floor loading capacity, and required space
Performs cycle counts and investigates discrepancies in stock counts, prepares inventory records and reports
Verifies quantity and conformance of materials to stated identifications
Compiles records concerned with quantity, cost, and type of material received, in stock, or issued.
- Work is performed in a production-oriented atmosphere.- Environment may be noisy and/or dusty.- Temperature may fluctuate to maintain equipment in optimal conditions.- May work outside, day or night, in any kind of weather.
• High School and 2 years additional education and/or experience.
• Knowledge of mechanical equipment
• Ability to operate a forklift and other material movement equipment
- Experience receiving, storing, and issuing equipment, materials, and supplies in a central warehouse.
• General knowledge of fundamental business practices, analytical methods, and understanding of material source definition relative to support Government projects for material control purposes in support of DFAR and other contractual regulations
• SAP knowledge
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Global Supply Chain