Northrop Grumman Staff Reliability Engineer in Linthicum, Maryland
The Space Systems Sector, Payload and Ground Systems Division is seeking a Reliability Engineer for spacecraft systems or subsystems. The Reliability Engineer candidate will provide product design influence through reliability tasking while working within an Integrated Product Team designing, developing, assembly, integration and test of spacecraft and its subsystems.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Reliability candidate will:
• Lead Design Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)(functional and interface);
• Develop reliability assessment, modeling, prediction and reliability trade studies;
• Chair Failure Review Boards;
• Lead failure investigations (root cause/corrective action);
• Develop reports;
• Interface with the program office and Customer counterparts;
• Support Worst Case Analysis (WCA), Electronic Parts Stress Analysis (PSA), and Single-Events Effects Analysis (SEEA); and
• Providing reliability leadership to component qualification and system assembly, integration and test activities.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and with the ability to obtain Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
• Experience in electronic systems reliability activities.
• Experience leading spacecraft reliability activities
• Knowledgeable with NASA, US DoD military standards & handbooks, and Aerospace TOR Reliability standards
• ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering