Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Network Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Administrator to join our team in defining the future. This position will be located in Linthicum, Maryland. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services team supporting operations at our BWI Campus.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide, and virtual private networks (VPN).
• Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
• Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
• May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
• General knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Available for 24/7 support when needed.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other network administrators, systems administrators, and computer/facility organizations. Multi-tasking with good communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
• Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Active Top Secret/SCI with CI poly clearance.
• Ability to maintain required clearance.
• DoD 8570 training and certifications (CISCO and Security+ certification).
• Strong Knowledge of TCP/IP.
• Strong knowledge of LAN concepts such as VLANs, trunking (port tagging) and spanning-tree.
• Experience with IP addressing design and subnets.
• Knowledge of Cisco hardware.
• Experience using test equipment such as protocol analyzers and cable test sets.
• Knowledge of government grade encryption gear such as (TACLANES).
• Knowledge of classified network design.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology