Northrop Grumman Reliability Engineer 2/3 in Linthicum, Maryland
The Space Systems Sector, Payload and Ground Systems Division is seeking a Reliability Engineer for spacecraft systems or subsystems. The Reliability Engineer candidate will provide product design influence through reliability tasking while working within an Integrated Product Team designing, developing, assembly, integration and test of spacecraft and its subsystems.
This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Reliability candidate will:
• Lead Design Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)(functional and interface);
• Develop reliability assessment, modeling, prediction and reliability trade studies;
• Chair Failure Review Boards;
• Lead failure investigations (root cause/corrective action);
• Develop reliability reports and design artifacts;
• Interface with the program office and Customer counterparts;
• Support Worst Case Analysis (WCA), Electronic Parts Stress Analysis (PSA), and Single-Events Effects Analysis (SEEA); and
• Provide reliability leadership to component qualification and system assembly, integration and test activities.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
Must be a U.S. citizen and with the ability to obtain Active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Reliability Engineer 2: requires Bachelor's Degree in STEM or related area and 2+ years of experience or a Master's Degree.
Reliability Engineer 3: requires Bachelor's Degree in STEM or related area and 5+ years of experience or a Master's Degree with 3 years of exp; or a PhD in a STEM field.
Experience in electronic systems reliability analyses and activities.
Experience leading spacecraft reliability activities
Knowledgeable with NASA, US DoD military standards & handbooks, and Aerospace TOR Reliability standards
ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering