Northrop Grumman Principal Linux Systems Administrator in Linthicum, Maryland
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as a Linux Systems Administrator for a classified government contract.
• Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations.
• Support bare-metal and virtual machines.
• Install, harden, and patch Linux operating systems.
• Install and rack server hardware and hardware based components.
• Develop and document technical procedures.
• Partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems, and mount file systems in Linux environments.
• Read, modify, and create shell script and scripts in various other languages.
• Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments.
• Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required.
• Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments.
• Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management.
• Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations.
• Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities.
• Coordinate actions with peer systems administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams, and hardware engineers.
• Associate's degree and 7 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience, or Master's degree and 3 years of experience, or High School diploma or equivalent and 9 years of experience.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Currently active DoD Secret clearance.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain, access to program as a condition of continued employment.
• Current CompTIA Security+ CE or similar certification, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
• Experience managing Redhat Linux server environment.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities; experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs.
• Ability to support tier 2 and 3 helpdesk tickets.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Travel may be required
• Redhat System Administration certification(s).
• Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels.
• Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience.
• Identity Management (Single Sign-On) experience.
• Experience with host-based firewall implementations and configuration (Redhat "iptables").
• Experience building custom "rpm" software packages for Redhat platforms.
• Knowledge of Docker.
• Knowldege of Cluster technology.
• Windows 10 administration experience; Windows Server 2012/2016 experience; Group Policies(GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology