Northrop Grumman Mgr Programs 3 in Linthicum, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and technology that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Program Manager Level 3 to support the Advanced Land Sensors Operating Unit. The primary objective will be to manage a team that oversees critical subcontracts within ALS.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for developing/executing strategy for critical suppliers across the Operating Unit
• Responsible for managing all aspects of Subcontractor Management, including initiating Teaming relationships, SOW and requirements development, RFP generation, proposal evaluation and generation of negotiation strategies.
• Responsible for post-contract award Subcontractor management including compiling program status, financial and schedule reporting and preparing Subcontractor feedback.
• Coordinates Subcontractor PO placement in support of MRP schedules.
• Establishes milestones and project plans and manages both internal and subcontractor resources in support of schedule.
• Briefs executive management and customer on the status and issues affecting Subcontractor performance, cost and risk; conducts program reviews with the Subcontractor and program office.
• Leads cross functional team
• Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
• Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
• Risk & Opportunity management to include identification, mitigation and realization of Risk Register and proactively harvest opportunities
• Adherence to all internal processes for Program Management
• Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other key stakeholders
• Knowledge and execution of a variety of Teaming/MOU Agreements, Proposals and contract types (FFP, CPFF)
• Bachelors and 10+ years, Masters and 8+ years of relevant experience supporting Department of Defense, Government contracts, or project management in other industries.
• Experience with Materials Requirements Planning and SCM processes and procedures covering supplier proposals, negotiations, PO placement and PO/Supplier management
• Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager.
• The ability to identify, select, direct and manage subcontract and supply chain elements of the program in a manner that supports program goals and company strategy.
• Demonstrated success aligning teams, organizations or employee resource groups to achieve a common goal.
• Excellent written/oral/presentation skills, including the ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program and senior management.
• Strong team building capabilities and influencing skills .
• The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance
• Active Secret level security clearance
• Direct experience managing subcontracts in a DoD/USG environment
• Direct experience negotiating and managing PO's, T's & C's, SOWs and FAR/DFAR flowdowns for contracts >$50M
• Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver Cost/Schedule/Technical performance with our suppliers
• Demonstrated ability to develop Subcontract Strategy on captures to position for growth
• Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers.
• The ability to address program uncertainty through an organized and analytical forward looking approach that identifies risks and opportunities, determines appropriate handling plans, and manages, controls, and communicates risks and opportunities throughout the lifecycle of the program.
• Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
• Demonstrated expertise in the following systems and concepts:
• MRP and IMS Scheduling
• SAP production planning and material management tools
• Earned Value Management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Program Management