Northrop Grumman Manager General Manufacturing 1 - 2nd Shift in Linthicum, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, Integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career while making change happen
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a CNC Machine Shop Manager 1 to join its Mechanical Design & Fabrication (MD&F) Machine Shop in Linthicum, Maryland. The MD&F Machine Shop is responsible for supplying the factory with complex, machined components for integration and assembly into ground and air based radar systems.
The CNC Machine Shop Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of employees and processes in a manufacturing environment.
This is a 2nd shift position, typical hours are Monday-Friday 3:30PM-12:00AM .
Overall responsibilities include:
• Provide direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies.
• Driving employee efficiency
• Meeting product cost and schedule targets
• Managing the area to produce quality products
• Engaging employees to achieve their highest potential.
• Direct supervision of approximately 20-25 represented (union) employees.
• Work independently across organizations
• Manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets
• Achieve target productive yields
• Implement process improvements to improve affordability, quality, and schedule
• Maintain a safe working environment by interfacing with the Environmental, Health, Safety and Fire Protection Department.
• Perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage employee time
• Update and present Metrics for the area
• Communicate with different organizations, Engineering, Production, Programs, etc.
• Attend and add guidance to Corrective Action Board (CAB) meeting to improve product quality and test yields
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience with CNC machining, CNC programming, tool/die making or a related field or Master's Degree + 3 years ; 9 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
At least 2 years of manufacturing, production or engineering experience
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (US citizenship required)
Must be willing and able to work 2nd shift (typical hours are Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12AM
Bachelor's Degree in business, chemical or industrial engineering, or other STEM area.
Prior experience working in a represented (union) environment
Working knowledge of SAP and MS Excel
Previous experience as a Journeyman Machinist or Journeyman Tool and Die Maker
10+ years of experience supervising a machine shop
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production