Northrop Grumman Manager 1 General Manufacturing - 2nd shift in Linthicum, Maryland
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others this is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in Linthicum, MD is seeking a General Manufacturing Manager to join its Final Assembly Test Cell. The General Manufacturing Manager 1 is responsible for the direct supervision of employees and processes in a manufacturing environment. The Manager provides direction to employees utilizing management guidelines and general policies. Overall responsibilities include: driving employee efficiency, meeting product cost and schedule targets, managing the area to produce quality products, and engaging employees to achieve their highest potential.
This is a 2nd shift position. Typical hours are Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12AM.
This Manager will be responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 20 - 25 represented (union) employees. The Manager is expected to work independently across organizations; manage the use of consumables to achieve budget targets; assign and manage Operator and/or Test technicians to maximize efficiency and achieve target productive yields; implement our process improvements to improve affordability, quality, and schedule; and perform required SAP/MES transactions to manage Operators/Assemblers.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience or Master's Degree with minimum of 3 years of experience. 7 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• At least 2 years of manufacturing or production or engineering experience
• Experience with manufacturing and production concepts
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance (US citizenship required)
• Must be able and willing to work 2nd shift- Mon-Fri 3:30PM-12:00AM.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or other STEM area
• Previous project or personnel management experience
• 5 or more years of manufacturing experience
• Prior experience working in a represented (union) environment Active DoD Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production