At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
APPLY TODAY for a Round Table discussion with Manager Computer Systems Analysis to discuss your career with Northrop Grumman. This exclusive event will feature 1:1 interviews with our hiring managers for onsite work.
Northrop Grumman's Chief Information Office is seeking Linux Administrators to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in Linthicum, MD. The selected candidate will be required to work on-site, full-time, at our Linthicum, MD campus - this is not a remote work opportunity.
You will be scheduled for a specific interview time with a hiring manager based on meeting our basic qualifications listed below.
Linux Systems Administrator
• Manage and maintain secure operation of Linux servers and workstations for a large classified government contract.
• Support both physical and virtual Linux hosts; installing, hardening, and patching Linux operating systems, workstations, and applications for several program or project areas.
Principal Linux Systems Administrator
• Serve as primary Linux Systems Administrator for a large classified government contract.
• Assist with developing and maintaining technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Cyber Security team.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
Sr. Principal Linux Systems Administrator
• Serve as a Project Lead analyzing internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, hardening, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Linux Systems Administrator - Associate's degree and 4 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience OR Master's degree and 0 years of experience; 6 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
• Principal Linux Systems Administrator - Associate's degree and 7 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience OR Master's degree and 3 years of experience; 9 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree.
• Sr. Principal Linux Systems Administrator - Associate's degree and 11 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience OR Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Background and Experience Needed For All Linux Administrator Positions:
• Experience maintaining Classified Linux environments to include fundamental knowledge of the RHEL Operating System, performing daily maintenance, patching, and hardening.
• Minimum of DoD Secret level security clearance as a condition of employment
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Special Access Program (SAP/SAR) clearance within a reasonable period of time as determined by the company as a condition of continued employment.
• Currently valid Security+CE, CASP, CISSP, or similar DoD 8570 security certification, or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date; certification must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Salary Range: $1 - $2
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.