Northrop Grumman Employee Communications Manager in Linthicum, Maryland
Employee Communications Manager
Requisition ID: 18005067
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Linthicum
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems seeks an Employee Communications Manager to join its team in our Linthicum, MD office.
The Employee Communications Manager is responsible for leading the execution and measurement of communications strategies that closely align with and enable the company’s business objectives to advance a best workplace culture and employee experience.
Serving as a member of the sector Communications team, the Employee Communications Manager works with the Director Employee and Executive Communications and team to collaborate and ensure consistent execution of traditional and non-traditional employee communications and effective change communications that elevates messaging related to Northrop Grumman’s culture, people and performance, expanding internal awareness of the company’s brand and reputation as a leader in aerospace, research, technology, science, engineering and innovation. Active engagement with emerging and non-traditional communications avenues, including but not limited to platforms, partnerships and omni-channel content creation & distribution will be required.
This position will serve as the primary communications point of contact supporting various organizations. This position will report to the Director of Executive and Employee Communications and the various vice presidents. Duties include development of messaging platforms for company initiatives, employee engagement, and diversity and inclusion campaigns. Active engagement and contribution within the corporation’s Employee Communications Community of Practice for sharing creation and management of knowledge around employee communication issues is required. Partnering with peers throughout the sector and enterprise on the communications products and associated integrated communications plans to communicate key recurring and non-recurring initiatives for employees is expected.
The Employee Communications Manager will also be responsible for managing the Sector events team, including the Executive Events Conference Representative. In this capacity, the Employee Communication Manager will aid in the planning and direction of various internal employee and executive-related events, functions, symposiums, conferences, program events and banquets including the development of on-site and off-site plans and budgets. Active collaboration with the Executive Communications Manager for knowledge around executive communications issues will be required for effective event management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field.
• 6 years of directly related professional work experience.
• Understanding of U.S. government.
• Track record of leadership success with business driven, complex communications projects.
• Excellent executive-level written and verbal communications skills.
• Strategic systems-level thinking, interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to manage budgets, schedules and executive support.
• Track record of successfully leading teams, including team members located in multiple locations.
• Management of multiple projects and priorities while meeting schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
• Candidate must be a U.S. citizen, with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
• Experience with global communications projects
• Excellent executive presence
• Ability to travel between multiple locations in the metro-DC area is required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Employee Communications Manager
Requisition ID: 18005067