Northrop Grumman Dir Strategic Planning 1 in Linthicum, Maryland
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' Navigation, Targeting, and Survivability Division (NTSD) has an immediate opening for a Division Director of Strategy and Planning. This position will be located in one of NTSD's primary facilities (Amherst, NY; Linthicum, MD; Rolling Meadow, IL; Salt Lake City, UT; or Woodland Hills, CA) and report to the Senior Director of Strategy and Mission Solutions.
This position is a senior role within the NTS Division and will significantly impact the Division's long-term business sustainment and portfolio growth. The Strategy role is responsible for developing the Division's overarching strategy and working with the Business Unit Strategy Managers to implement the Division strategy across each Business Unit.
The Strategy position requires extensive collaboration with Sector Strategic Growth in business growth and positioning analyses and for developing the Division's long-range investment priorities. The design and implementation of process, procedures and tools to optimize decision-making is also included in the responsibilities for this position.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Develop long-range objectives and strategic plans for NTSD. This includes facilitating the strategic planning cycle for the division, supporting corporate and sector strategic planning initiatives, and managing market analysis for technology and market position assessments.
• Represent the Division interests at internal technology reviews, strategic growth meetings, and in answering corporate-level data calls concerning growth and market position.
• Manage the investment planning and track investment execution in support of strategy and capture objectives.
• Assist the Division's Business Units in developing long-range objectives and strategic plans and the associated investment profiles needed to achieve long-term profitable growth.
• Perform strategic and financial analysis of acquisition candidates as well as oversee impact assessment of industry M&A.
• Partner across the Sector, BU's and functional organizations to ensure success of strategic intent.
• Support targeted business, program, and business development reviews as necessary to obtain required product/market insight.
• Conduct regular surveillance over market and customer trends.
• Develop tools and techniques to further the organization's digital transformation goals.
10 years of experience related to Department of Defense (DoD) programs.
Demonstrated experience developing strategy with high visibility teams.
Demonstrated experience in working in a matrixed organization, with the ability to influence and lead teams.
Extensive knowledge of DoD budget principles and processes.
Demonstrated understanding of U.S. and International government acquisitions processes.
Demonstrated understanding of program management tools and techniques (e.g. SOW, WBS, etc.)
Strategic and critical thought leadership.
Excellent communications, writing and presentation skills.
Knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Excel, pivot tables, and analysis techniques)
Must have active Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
20+ years DoD experience across multiple functions and areas.
Experience with international programs, export requirements, and technology transfer requirements.
Expert knowledge of Tableau (or other data analytics platform) and SalesForce.
Understanding of NGC NTS&D technologies and solutions.
Formal education or training in DoD acquisition.
Demonstrated experience in competitive and budget analysis.
Flexibility to work extended hours including weekends to meet deadlines.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Business Development