Northrop Grumman CMM Programmer in Linthicum, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a CMM Programmer to join its team. This position is located in Linthicum, Maryland.
Create and develop code to program Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) equipment through the use of CMM programming tools such as PCDMIS. Plan, design, and document the tooling and processes required to execute the inspection of product on the CMM machine.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
1. Implement the standards contained in the Northrop Grumman "Standards of Business Conduct and Defense Industry Initiatives". Ensure that all employees reporting to this position have been informed about the standards and related policies, and enforce them within this supervised activity.
2. Working online or offline from the CAD model, verbal instructions, or piece part, assembly, layout, or hand sketch drawings, create, develop, or modify CMM code using PCDMIS or similar programming software which when executed on a CMM machine or similar programmable type equipment inspects a part according to requirements stipulated in the drawing or sketch, or through the verbal instructions received. Interpretation of the requirements for the part requires knowledge of internal manufacturing and inspection processes, drafting standards, and ANSI Y14.5 Geometric Tolerancing standards. Information provided to this position is often of an incomplete nature.
3. Inspect purchased and manufactured products for workmanship and drawing compliance. Determine inspection frequency predicated on process stability, operator certification, and product complexity. Clearly describe and record noncompliance conditions as necessary.
4. Apply principles of automation in programming, tool and fixture design/utilization shall be considered to provide for economical and efficient inspection of the part.
5. Provide training, guidance, and oversight to CMM Operators on proper operation and execution of CMM equipment, programs, methods, tooling, and fixtures associated with CMM inspection programs.
6. Confer with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Production to determine proper schedule completion requirements of CMM programs, including but not limited to programs, tools, fixtures, and all documentation required to perform the part inspection.
7. Develop computer systems environment to promote standardization of CMM programming methods and system tools. This encompasses a detailed understanding of system and applications architecture to best utilize tools for the efficient and economical creation of CMM inspection code.
8. Confer with CMM tool and software manufacturers and suppliers to effectively resolve system and controller problems, maintenance and calibration needs, support tooling, and software updates, as well as learning new and more efficient means of producing CMM part programs.
9. Create/modify inspection tooling in order to effect Engineering product design and change Manufacturing production approach. Confer with Engineering, Drafting, and Manufacturing on possibilities for inspection economy through design simplification and standardization of parts. Represent Inspection department as required in planning committee meeting and make recommendations concerning economical inspection procedures.
10. Assist in the development of Work Instructions, Manufacturing
Procedures, and Inspection Procedures and the like used in the CMM or similar programmable type equipment inspection processes with little or no direction.
11. Interface with customers acting as primary contact for CMM inspection programs, methods, results, and process/product acceptance.
12. Be responsible for the efficiency, safety, design, simplicity, and economic operation of CMM inspection programs.
This is a IUE Union represented position.
This is a 2nd shift position.
Job Category : Information Technology