Northrop Grumman Electrical Engineer 4/5 in Lanham, Maryland
Electrical Engineer 4/5
Requisition ID: 18006063
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Lanham
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Thisposition will be located in Lanham, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's ATS team in support of Spacecraft Avionics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Spacecraft Power Systems: Array, Battery, Charging, Switching, Pyros, Safety
2. Analog Circuit Design, Simulation, Implementation
3. Intermediate level VHDL FPGA design, Radiation Countermeasures, Integration of 3rd Party Intellectual Property
4. Documentation: Requirements, Specifications, Trade Studies, Test Procedures, Analysis, ICDs, Design Reviews etc.
5. Box Lead, Board Lead, Design for Test
6. Knowledge of Radiation Hardened Microcircuits, Components, Selection, Derating
7. Spacecraft Communications Protocols including 1553, Spacewire, CCSDS
8. Design Tools of Choice include: Orcad/Cadence, P-Spice, Actel Libero, Xilinx ISE, Mentor Designer, Hyperlynx
9. Hands on debug and test of prototype hardware using State of the Art Test Equipment
This requisition may be filled at either a level 4 or level 5.
·Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related course of study
·Experience with Medium size (Espa) thru Small (Cubesat) Spacecraft systems Architectures
·Proficiency in use of design and analysis tools
·Matlab Simulink Simulation
·Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
·Level 4: Minimum 9 years or more of relevant spacecraft avionics Design, Integration, Test experience
·Level 5: Minimum 14 years or more of relevant spacecraft avionics Design, Integration, Test experience
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
·Ability to Learn Attitude Control System Algorithm Development
·Knowledge of Propulsion subsystems including Hydrazine, Electric, Green Monoprop etc.
·FlatSat Dynamic Simulator Development
·Knowledge of Launch Vehicle and Dispenser Interfacing, Safety Concerns
·Mission Analysis and Planning.
·Performance Analysis of Orbiting Spacecraft, Contingency Planning
·Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Electrical Engineer 4/5
Requisition ID: 18006063