Northrop Grumman P-3 Supervisor / Mgr General Manufacturing 1 in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Supervisor to provide objective-oriented direction and work assignment to non-exempt team members utilizing management guidelines & general policies of the Manufacturing segment of the P-3 program located in Lake Charles, LA.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Planning and program performance addressing cost, schedule, technical performance, and quality of a work package, subsystem, or related group of work packages in a MRO environment.
• Provide coaching, set goals, approve time, and provide overall guidance to a team of employees.
• Oversees a team and task assigned to the organizational group performed by non-exempt employees.
• Establish a team environment and directs a training system to provide technical knowledge for the safe maintenance, repair, and operation of aircraft, aircraft systems, ground equipment, tools, test equipment, stores and facilities, according to established procedures.
• May analyze current operating problems and future operating requirements to identify training needs.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
1. High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 7 years related avionic maintenance/supervisory experience.
2. Ability to obtain/maintain the required Dept of Homeland Security Clearance.
3. Ability to wear respirator or other safety gear
4. Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, work-related manuals, publications
5. Ability to resolve technical or operational problems in a MRO environment.
6. Knowledge in at least one but preferred all in repair, installing trouble shooting of aircraft systems, flight controls, Avionics, or Structures.
7. Ability to work flexible hours for assigned shift
1. A&P license
2. 7 or more years of experience with Aircraft Systems
3. Associate's or higher degree.
4. CBP BI
5. Current Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production