Northrop Grumman P - 3 Configuration Analysis Manager 3 / Secret in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Are you ready to put your Configuration Management experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, we want you you to join our team as a Configuration Manager. This position will be located at Lake Charles, LA., Jacksonville, FL., or Corpus Christi, TX.
As our Configuration Manager for our critical program, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Configuration Management (CM) plan.
Your duties will include:
1. Plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications to ensure customer contract requirements are met.
2. Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
3. Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system.
4. Coordinates modification records for management control.
5. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor.
6. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
7. Developed and processed modification specification Statement of Work for Aircraft configuration changes.
8. Complete Modification changes that include electrical, mechanical and avionic aircraft systems.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
• Responsible to ensure that all drawing, artifact, software, et al. releases are in accordance with contractual and internal procedure requirements
• Manage and document the configuration baseline and control process for implementation of customer requirements through contractual requirements
• Reviews configuration change requests and verifies, tracks, and documents configuration changes
• Responsible for maintaining Customer's document baseline-including processing of Technical Direction Letters (TDLs), Aircraft Configuration Control Requests (ACCR) library management, SharePoint folder structure management, and any requests for document audits
• Creating and improving CM processes
• Providing CM assessments and inputs to engineering change requests
• Facilitate Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings
• Coordinates with other groups to determine needs and priorities. Assesses work scope and assigns tasks to employees and oversees work completion to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Acts as the primary technical contact on team or project performance and as an advisor to engineering or business unit leadership
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and assure customer needs are identified and addressed.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
1. A Bachelor's degree (BS) in engineering or a related technical discipline and a minimum of 10 years' experience in performing like duties (Configuration Management, engineering tasks, etc.). An additional 4 yrs of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
2. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10 or more years of related experience
3. A very strong demonstrated skills in managing requirements and maintaining configuration control
4. Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
5. Experience in leading engineering disciplines
6. Ability to obtain/maintain a Dept of Homeland Security Background Investigation.
1. P-3 experience.
2. Customs and Border Protection experience/BI.
3. Current Secret or higher clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Technical Support